CMcBride Law eeking a motivated individual to join our Cloud Services team as a Senior Cloud Technologist. This position is responsible for supporting our cloud hosting environment, SaaS products, and DevOps in a mixed cloud environment Azure. This role is also involve designing, implementing, and maintaining cloud-based solutions utilizing Terraform Infrastructure as Code (IaC). This position reports to the Cloud Services Manager.
Primary Job Duties:
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud-based solutions.
- Actively participate in high-level team activities such as recommending architecture and process improvements, cloud-based solutioning, and conducting evaluations.
- Mentor team members on the implementation of cloud-based initiatives and provide associated training as required.
- Work in an issue and project tracking system to document task details and time.
- Peer review version controlled IaC pull requests and follow change control processes.
- Deploy and debug Terraform IaC in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Implement and manage cloud security strategies, policies, and procedures using industry best practices.
- Support DevOps practices, working with development team and stakeholders to identify cloud resources, build deployment pipelines, and troubleshoot deployment issues.
- Create and maintain documentation, knowledge base articles, and runbooks.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be asked to perform additional tasks as required, that may or may not be related to their primary job duties.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities that are required for the Senior Cloud Technologist role.
- 4+ years of experience with systems and network design and administration
- 2+ years of experience with public cloud provider Azure
- 2+ years of experience in a common scripting language such as python, bash, perl, or ruby
- 1+ years of experience coding, deploying, and maintaining cloud infrastructure with Terraform in a version-controlled environment (e.g., GIT)
- Experience with cloud-based backups and disaster recovery
- Experience with monitoring, log, and event management and analysis
- Ability to design holistic cloud solutions and oversee implementation
- Ability to self-prioritize multiple tasks and execute accordingly
- Ability to work flexible hours outside normal business hours as required
- Ability to clearly communicate via e-mail and in written documentation
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities that are highly desirable for the Senior Cloud Technologist role.
- Bachelors degree (4-year BA/BS) or equivalent experience
- Azure certifications
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Packer, Puppet, or other IaC technology
- Experience with Linux or Windows operating systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies quickly
- Desire to gain knowledge and grow in the position